COVID 19 updated procedures for cleaning your device
In light of the recent concerns with the COVID19 Corona Virus, everyone wants to know how best to clean their MFP screens and operation panels.
What can I use?
- Most types of anti-bacterial wipes or sprays
Using a spray bottle?
- Lightly moisten a cloth and gently wipe down the screen and panels
- A lint-free microfiber cloth is recommended
- Avoid paper towels as they may scratch
- DO NOT spray directly on the device’s surfaces or components, as getting liquid inside the device could damage the internal components
Technical Staff Procedures
A CDC-recommended disinfectant that is also within Office Products cleaning guidelines is an alcohol solution consisting of 70% isopropyl alcohol and 30% water. We follow the steps below to use the CDC-recommended alcohol solution to clean high-touch, external surfaces on office products:
- We will adhere to social distancing
- We wear disposable gloves made of latex when cleaning and disinfecting surfaces
- We do not spray any liquids directly onto the product
- We gently wipe the moistened cloth on the surfaces to be cleaned
- We ensure surfaces have completely air-dried before turning the device on after cleaning. No moisture should be visible on the surfaces of the product before it is powered on
- After disinfecting the copier/scanner glass we clean it again using an office glass cleaner
- Our gloves are discarded after each cleaning. We clean our hands immediately after gloves are removed
- We wear masks on each service call